Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fashionistas

This morning I got on the tram to go downtown and I swear, every person sitting down was a chubby Babcia wearing variations on the typical old lady warm clothing-big furry hat, big furry coat, and a very stern expression.

Here are some of the best:


I think that these two are my favorite, I kind of stalked them around the centrum to get a good close picture, but unfortunately I haven't built up my courage enough to take a close up picture from the front.


I spotted this lovely babcia at the corner of Okopowa and Solidarnosci, which is right by my apartment.


Same intersection, at the tram stop.

My attempts to popularize the granny vest back in '05 failed pretty miserably, but I'm ready to bring some Babcia fashion back to the States.

I need to start taking pictures of the city etc. but I think this is a good beginning.

2 comments:

Shoshana said...

You can totally rock the head scarf. And I'm bring back tons of cloth grocery bags, so you're set in that department as well.

Noreen said...

I can't get back to the original page, but once I figure it out, it will be fun. I love the old ladies, although they look a lot like me... ha ha This is a great thing for you to be doing since you will have plenty of free time...enjoy... love me